Immobilizer key pad + interior fuse box + oil dipstick + engine heater

Discussion in 'Peugeot 406' started by irrselvam, Feb 2, 2024.

1. irrselvam

irrselvam

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 1997 406 2.0 petrol estate (engine code XU10J2TE) and I have a few questions:

1. The car came with two keys - one fob (door and boot unlock buttons) and a "plain" key. The fob buttons work to unlock the central locking and both keys do the same. But if I want to start the car I need to press and hold the door unlock button whilst turning the fob key in the ignition. This means the plain key isn't very useful, however I've found a flip out keypad under the steering wheel (see picture). My hunch is that I could use the plain key to unlock the central locking, punch in a code (which I don't know) to disable the immobiliser then start the car with the plain key. Does that sound logical? If so, is the code from the manufacturer (i.e. I could possibly contact a Peugeot dealer to get it) or set by the user (then I 'd need to find out if it can be reprogrammed). I've read the default code is 1111 and it is recommended to change it, there seems to be many ways to do this (e.g. ignition on, enter code, press C, new code, press C).

2. Both the heated front seats don't work but the lights come on. The first thing to try is replacing the fuse. I think I need to replace the 15A fuse in position 28 on the interior fuse box (behind the key pad in the picture) - is that correct?

3. Does anyone have the part number or dimensions for the oil dipstick? The yellow plastic handle has completely disintegrated. I think the part number might be 117422 or 1174E2. A small piece of the plastic handle fell down the funnel - I hope an oil + filter change should flush it out?

4. Has anyone fitted an engine heater to make starting the car easier in winter? I was looking at the DEFA 411548 that seems to heat the coolant.

Thank you

Attached Files:

irrselvam, Feb 2, 2024
Ask a Question