Peugeot 308 Gear problems

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Alan, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Alan

Alan

My son has a Peugeot 308 on an 08 plate manual gearbox. A few weeks ago he told me he was having problems selecting 2nd 4th and reverse gears. The problem got worse to the point where he could not select these gears at all. We thought if it's the gearbox then it would be too expensive to repair given the age of the car. So another Peugeot 308 was purchased last weekend. It's a 1400 manual gears on an 07 plate. He had the car for one day and the very same problem happened again. this is bad luck at its worst! A local garage had a quick look and reckoned it was the gearbox and wanted £1800 to change the gearbox and clutch. I was just wondering if there was anyone who might throw some light on what has happened. Is this a problem with the 308? Could it be a clutch issue? is the clutch hydraulic? I thought maybe a linkage problem but the guy in the garage says it's the gearbox. So now we have two 308s that potentially have to be scrapped. It would be such a shame because the bodywork etc are good on both cars. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alan, Mar 1, 2024
Ask a Question