2006 206 1.4 pop art missfiring

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by kishaan, Feb 21, 2016.

1. kishaan

kishaan

Good day/afternoon everyone. I'm New to this forum n would like some advice n help pls. I have a 206 which was driving fine after an engine wash. Drove approximately 50km to a mall n back. Once back home it started to missfire like crazy. Doesn't want to idle either. Engine sounds rough and has a hectic missfire and wouldn't rev up properly.I did a just the accelerator cable to get the car idling then I've removed the number 4 injector plug (gearbox end) and the engine seemed to idle much better n quieter...removed the others then engine would wanna stall...removed the number one injector plug and it idles even better just that now after removing the number 1 & 4 injector plugs its only running 2 cylinders. If I put back the number 1 & 4 injector the idle tends to drop a bit then the misfiring and rough idling starts again...on a low rev the engine is very noisy. Is there anything else I could do or try to resolve the problem or does anyone pehaps know what could be the problem. Any help would be appropriated. Tx kishaan

kishaan, Feb 21, 2016
  2. kishaan

kuda

good day, welcome to the forum. i think that it is your coil pack that is have a problem, can you confirm if the engine check light is still staying on when engine is running? if so, i would advise you to get the car put on the machine but before you do that. if you are technically minded, remove the coil pack completely out, check if there is no water that went into the spark plug chambers, hoping that one day its sunny, you need to put the coil pack in the sun so that it can really get dry in case there was a trace of moisture that built up inside there.

kuda, Feb 22, 2016
  3. kishaan

kishaan

Hi Kuda...tx for your reply. I did remove the coil pack and spark plugs...put the plugs into the coil...had it facing a metal strip on the body...cranked the motor and all 4 coil slots were firing at the coil end so therefore I don't think its the coil. My car would start but wouldn't idle as it has a hectic missfire and rough idling...but if I remove the No_ 1 & 4 injector plugs the idle seems a bit more constant...once I insert the removed injector plugs back into place the missfire starts again then she'd wanna switch off...so to get her idling I removed the 2 injector plugs. My conclusion is that the problem is with the 1st & 4th cylinder. Any idea what could this be or what could I possibly try doing to resolve the issue. Tx

kishaan, Feb 22, 2016
  4. kishaan

kishaan

Hi there...Ok today I've removed the injectors and connected them to its power source.. cranked the engine for a min or two and all 4 injectors are working fine. I even swooped the injectors around as well as the spark plugs and still seem to be having the same problem. Car has a miss/backfiring on cylinder 1 mostly and just a little on cylinder 4. Any suggestions or ideas would help pls

kishaan, Feb 23, 2016
  5. kishaan

kuda

hi! hmmmm. that a first.its a bit tricky.let me research. maybe there is something wrong with that cylinder.

kuda, Mar 20, 2016
  6. kishaan

kuda

Hi, please check your crankshaft sensor by the gear box, check you flywheel also. it is located between the gearbox and engine, it is to the radiator side. that could be the one that could be having sending the signal erratically. Or if yu can have some where you can have another control box.

kuda, Apr 21, 2016
Ask a Question