307 Cruise control issue

Discussion in 'Peugeot 307' started by Neil56, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Neil56

Neil56

Hi, I have a 2litre diesel 307 build date 2006. It has CC & speed limiter function from the factory. when the switch is rotated to engage either CC or Limiter the dashes (speed indicator) on the dashboard "flash" and you cannot select a desired speed. The dash does display CC or LIM so I guess the switch itself works i.e the system knows you are wishing to use the capability. I did have a brake light bulb out which I fixed...still no luck. The 3 brake lights all function correctly (i.e illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed and are otherwise not permanently illuminated). I couldn't find a specific fuse in the owners manual so I checked them all and they are OK. I could replace the brake switch and just hope this solves the issue but I am reluctant to go down a trial and error path replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Any feedback on what might be the root cause OR other troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Neil56, Oct 23, 2023
Ask a Question