Alarming quality

Discussion in 'Peugeot 308' started by Crackers, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Crackers

Crackers

So, my 2022 308 has been with the garage for nearly a month with no action or update at all.
    Many faults/issues since I bought it new last year, but I'm at a loss and wits end now.
    One issue was the alarm kept going off after I locked it up. Randomly after a couple of minutes and could repeat up to 9 times.
    The dealership eventually diagnosed a fault with the SIREN system. Weeks went by awaiting parts, then more to get it booked in for repair. But, repair complete it made no difference.
    They've since had the car back for re-diagnosis but have been unable to do anything. They claimed to have replaced another part they ordered, but cannot reprogram it (suggesting this is not a normal issue as only my car has this problem). I've been waiting for a response from the Technical Level 1 team in Paris since 24th June, but despite a 24/48hr response, still nothing has been heard, and I'm told there's no way of escalating or chasing this.
    I've tried complaining to the dealership, but they won't entertain anything referring me to Peugeot Customer Care. I'm on my second complaint with them after they just referred me back to the dealership stating there was nothing they could do either.

Didn't know if anybody had had similar issues with either the new 308, the alarm system, or the lack of customer care ?

Crackers, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Crackers

EL10TGU

hi did you ever get this resolved?

as ive had an absolute ballache of a purchase with my 2022 308sw, they arsed up the online V5 transfer and its took almost 4 months between the dvla & peugeot just to get the V5 in my name, the whole time the ALARM has been doing much the same as yours , and going off 2-3 mins after arming

EL10TGU, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Crackers

EL10TGU

ive had my car back in again and it seems for now to be fixed , as i was told they have to remove the "BSI" fully from the car, then fully drain power from it and then reinstall an update to it, as when the car is turned off sometimes the "BSI" does not fully shut down so can trigger the alarm..

Well i say fixed, the collision detection has stopped working and i now cant adjust the internal temperature of the car is seems like its on full pelt at all times, so guess its going back again :confused:

EL10TGU, Dec 17, 2023
Ask a Question