Peugeot 308sw cylinder head repaired. Engine light still on

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Alld, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Alld

Alld

Hi I am new to both the forum and Peugeot in general but having some issues.

I purchased my 2013 308sw in April and while it meets all my needs, I have already ran into issues.
    About four weeks ago I lost all power and the car came to a stop, there was no warning lights coming on, no rise in temp or smoke or any kind. The only sign of anything wrong was about 100yards before stopping I lost a little power before it picked back up.
    I called RAC and after a six hour wait they arrived and said I was leaking coolant but roadside tests, Inc diagnostic, said it wasn't the cylinder head, they topped up the coolant and followed me home/to my own mechanic. I lost power another twice during the short (20 mins drive) home and on the second loss, he noticed the oil had started to become milky.
    My own mechanic after doing further checks, advised that it was the cylinder head but a not common way of it going. He has replaced the cylinder head, timing belt and water pump and flushed through the oil. I collected the car on Monday and have driven maybe 50/60 miles and the engine repair light came on. There are no other obvious issues with the car and everything feels as it should.
    My usual mechanic is now on holiday for two weeks and I have taken it to be checked elsewhere, they have advised it will just be everything settling and clearing after the repair and the car will be ok to drive.
    I'm not sure how confident I am in this, if I should get a second opinion or it be fine to drive until my own mechanic comes home.
    I have a decent drive with a full car planned for sat and just want to be confident I'm not going to get stranded miles for home.

If you got to the end thanks for reading and hopefully some help

Alld, Aug 9, 2023
Ask a Question